Manager, Early Intervention Program
|Location:||Palo Alto, CA|
|Benefits:||Employer paid health benefits for full time staff including Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, Partiicipation in 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan; Vacation and sick as well as 11 paid holidays per year.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Program / Dept:||Children's Development Services|
|Description:||Children’s Development Services ensure that children from birth to five years of age, and their parents, learn the techniques and skills needed to get the best possible start in life. Professionally trained educators and therapists staff our early intervention, preschool, and therapy services. Our early childhood expertise allows us to provide a broad range of services focused on the education, development and growth of your child|
Job Summary: The Program Manager position for Early Intervention is responsible to provide staff management, administrative and financial support to the program, and direct services as needed. The Program Manager also is responsible to promote team leadership among EIS staff that fosters a transdisciplinary approach.
• Ensure health & safety of consumers, personnel & visitors at all times.
• Ensure a healthy, safe & clean environment.
• Ensure highest ethical & business practices. Ensure compliance with all legal requirement and agency policies
• Ensure all programs’ components are in compliance with all legal requirement and agency policies and regulatory entities
• Above average team leadership skills
• Responsible for overall quality of both Early Intervention and Therapy Clinic programs
• Manage all aspects and provide leadership for the Early Intervention program in compliance with Early Start regulations
• Manage all aspects and provide leadership for the Therapy Clinic program
• Responsible for hiring, supervision and termination of Developmental Specialists and Therapists
• Provide team leadership that fosters a transdisciplinary approach
• Develop budgets and manage monthly operations to budgets with support and guidance from Director
• Provide directly, and/or arrange for direct services, including case management, home visits, developmental group services, visits to integrated environments, evaluations, intakes, assessments, etc.
• Promote and market the Early Intervention and Therapy Clinic programs to the community
• Responsible for overall health and safety for Early Intervention and Therapy Clinic programs
• Lead EI and Therapy Clinic staff meetings
• Responsible for program statistics for grant opportunities, program or agency needs
• Complete program billing monthly
• Responsible for oversight of database and client POS to ensure they are accurate and up to date
• Responsible for the program working effectively and productively with referring regional centers and other referral sources
• Promote the mission and vision of the agency within and outside of the agency
• Ability to provide direct services to children and families including floor activities, sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, lifting and twisting
• Able to lead developmental groups, circle and parent support groups as needed
• Complete screenings, assessments and reports for individual cases, as needed
• Promote Children’s Development Services and agency services in the community through presentations, fairs, and other events
• Ensure high quality and consistent communications in the initial intake and scheduling process for all families
• Complete evaluations & reports as needed in the areas of developmental domains
• Participate in CDS and agency management meetings
• Provide support, direct service, and/or guidance for Milestones Preschool and After School Socialization Program as assigned
• Ensure all intake paperwork, case files and documentation is up to date, in compliance and completed for all cases
• Participate in development and marketing of new services & income streams as appropriate
• Generate client mailing data as needed for agency mailings
• Participate in interagency committees
• Complete annual staff performance reviews and provide professional development and training opportunities
• Provide input and contribute in the development of program and department management report
• Develop and support the implementation of professional development for staff, as well as ongoing training systems and opportunities
• Develop training and support programs for other service providers to foster high quality services and the inclusion of infants and children with various needs and disabilities, or at risk of disabilities
• Participate in trainings as required by supervisor
• Supervise volunteers and interns as assigned
• Troubleshoot needs and concerns with families, staff and referral sources when these needs and concerns cannot be resolved by staff
• Plan curriculum
• Participate in any meetings regarding families served as needed, including IFSPs, IEPs, parent conferences, programmatic meetings, etc.
• Other duties as assigned by Director
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
•Ability to provide direct services to children, floor activities, including sitting, kneeling, crawling, etc. (occasionally)
•Ability to lift 50 lbs.(occasionally)
•Ability to stand/sit for extended periods, kneel, reach & bend related to completion of duties
•Ability to use computer keyboard
•Ability to drive
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION: BA in Child Development, Special Education or related field required; MA strongly preferred.|
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years program management including direct supervision of multidisciplinary teams that include Therapist and Developmental Specialist staff as well as 2 yrs. working with children with developmental disabilities and their families in a variety of settings required.
CERTIFICATION: Adult and Pediatric First Aid & CPR with AED
OTHER: Communicate clearly & effectively, verbally and in writing. Project a professional & positive image at all times. Must have good working knowledge of typical/atypical child development must be comfortable providing assessment & age levels for children. Knowledge of new federal legislation pertaining to early intervention services provided in natural environments. Demonstrated above - average team leadership skills. Proof of valid driver’s license & copy of auto insurance liability coverage. Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
PRE EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Clearance with the Department of Justice by completing a background check consisting of having fingerprints processed by appropriate law enforcement agencies (paid for by Abilities United)
Provide clean DMV printout during interview process. Proof of valid driver’s license & copy of auto insurance liability coverage.
POST EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Physical, 2-step Tb test and physical examination. Maintain all job related certification requirements.
Abilities United is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.