|Location:||Palo Alto, CA|
|Benefits:||Employee paid Health, Dental, Vision Plans, Participation in 403(b) Retirement Savings Account and the Employee Assistance Program|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Program / Dept:||Adult Services/Independent Living Skills|
|Description:||Abilities United (formerly C-A-R, Inc.) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization for children and adults with developmental disabilities (intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, autism, and other neurodevelopmental conditions causing developmental delays) who live in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. Each year, our nine services are used by over 2,500 people and their families.
Abilities United services help to reduce and prevent developmental disabilities while supporting the families and care givers of its clients. Abilities United teaches community living skills and provides job placement and support to its clients. Abilities United educates the community about the valuable contributions made by people with developmental disabilities.
We are currently seeking an administrative professional to work 40 hours per week to support our Adult Services Independent Living and Employment ServicesProgram staff.
|Duties:||Job Summary:To perform administrative, clerical and data management support for ES and ILS management and team of Adult Services Specialists
• Develop and maintain a respectful, ethical and empowering relationship with all individuals served
• Update, organize, and maintain master copies of department forms and documents
• Maintain programs’ statistics
• Update and distribute department contact lists for phone numbers, e-mail addresses and emergency contacts
• Systematically distribute and collect results of satisfaction surveys
• Systematically distribute and track exit reports and follow up reports
• Ensure client files / binders are in order and that annual forms are updated and in binders
• Create and distribute Reports Due list each month
• Utilize a computer and software such as Word, File Maker Pro, Power Point and Excel
• Maintain records and receipts for Grant and program explanations
• Comply with Consumers’ Rights, Abilities United and program policies and quality assurance standards
• Provide support for individual department program’s projects as assigned
• Assist management with CARF and licensing requirements, preparation and maintenance
• Assist with supporting program volunteers as needed
• Help ensure that all aspects of programs are in compliance with Dept. of Labor, DOR, Abilities United and other regulatory agencies
• Explore and develop improvements for efficient department administration tasks
• Assist with various staffing and new hire needs i.e., business cards, I.D. cards, email & phone set-up, etc.
• Must have reliable transportation
• Establish positive working relationships with local businesses and community organizations maintaining an acceptable customer satisfaction level
• Assist in staffing or providing direct services for the department’s coverage needs
• Cross train in Adult Services programs
• Be available to substitute for Adult Services Specialists as needed
• Perform assessments of independent living skills clients and PVSA clients as assigned
• Travel to various locations throughout the Bay Area on behalf of the programs
• Act as a representative of the agency in furthering its objectives and advocating for improvements in the quality of life for developmentally disabled persons
• Attend business conventions, job fairs and other related meeting to promote the goals of adult services
• Participate in monthly ES/ILS Staff Meetings, quarterly Department meetings and in-service training
|Qualifications:||Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. BA/BS in Social Services or related field preferred. |
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience performing administrative duties, strong familiarity with Word, Excel, Power Point and File Maker Pro. Minimum 2 years’ experience working with persons that have developmental disabilities.
Substitution: Combination of High School Diploma or equivalent & 4 + years experience in lieu of BA/BS
Certification: Standard 1st Aid with Adult,
Child and Infant CPR
Other: Communicate clearly & effectively, verbally & in writing; project a professional & positive image at all times. Minimum of 18 years of age. Valid California Driver’s License and a safe driving record. Willingness to be flexible in shift schedule assignments. Fluency in sign language or Spanish highly desirable.
Pre Employment Requirements: Clearance with the Department of Justice by completing a background check consisting of having fingerprints processed by appropriate law enforcement agencies.
Post Employment Requirements: Physical, 2-step Tb test & annual Tb clearance. Maintain all job related certification requirements. Provide proof of valid driver's license and automobile insurance; clean DMV record.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to perform activities incl. kneeling, crouching, reaching & bending
• Ability to use a phone and to use a computer to perform data entry tasks
• Ability to fax, scan, photocopy, utilize other office tools and equipment
• Ability to drive
• Ability to push large adults in wheelchairs
• Other relevant tasks as needed.
ABILITIES UNITED IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.