Director, Children's Development Services
|Location:||Palo Alto, CA|
|Benefits:||Employer paid health benefits for full time staff including Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, Partiicipation in 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan; Vacation and sick as well as 11 paid holidays per year.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Program / Dept:||Children's Development Services|
|Description:||Children’s Development Services ensure that children from birth to five years of age, and their parents, learn the techniques and skills needed to get the best possible start in life. Professionally trained educators and therapists staff our early intervention, preschool, and therapy services. Our early childhood expertise allows us to provide a broad range of services focused on the education, development and growth of your child|
Job Summary: To provide oversight and programmatic, financial and strategic leadership for Children’s Development Services Department. This position is also responsible for the quality and scope of existing services and partnerships and to develop new services and partnerships in line with Abilities United’s core values, mission and strategic plan.
• Ensure highest ethical & business practices.
• Ensure compliance with all legal requirements and agency policies.
• Ensure a healthy, safe, clean working environment.
• Ensure the health and safety of consumers, personnel and visitors at all times.
• Participate in interagency committees, task forces and projects
• Manage and oversee all aspects of Children’s Development Services including Early Intervention, Milestones Preschool, the Private Therapy Clinic and other programs as developed and deemed appropriate
• Manage and oversee After School Socialization program
• Work effectively and collaboratively with referring regional centers, school districts and other referral resources
• Develop new or adapt existing services & income streams as appropriate and in line with the agency’s strategic plan
• Develop partnerships with other relevant organizations to ensure service quality and in line with the agency’s strategic plan
• Promote Children’s Development Services and Abilities United to the community
• Consult, train, support & supervise program managers
• Oversee program management of staff to ensure professional and high quality services
• Develop and monitor the service center budget with managers to ensure service center financial solvency/viability based on government and earned revenue
• Responsible for overall quality of services for all sites and all programs
• Oversee referrals, initial contact and placement process for families/ infants to the department
• Pursue, formulate and implement private pay revenue sources for department in coordination and in collaboration with Social Enterprise team members
• Pursue donated revenue sources for Children’s Development Services in coordination with the Fund Development Department
• Provide direct services as necessary, including case management, home visits, visits to integrated /inclusive environments, evaluations, intakes, etc.
• Oversee student teaching and volunteer programs
• Responsible for individual training of all staff, volunteers and student teachers
• Participate in senior management meetings
• Participate in trainings as required by supervisor
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to provide direct services to children, including sitting, kneeling, crawling, etc.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Ability to use a computer, phone and other office equipment for extended periods of time
Education: MA in Child Development, Special Education or related field required.
Experience: 5 yrs. management including supervisory duties and budgetary or other fiscal management.
Certification: Standard 1st Aid with Adult, Child, & Infant CPR
Other: Communicate clearly & effectively, verbally and in writing. Project a professional & positive image at all times. Have knowledge of proposed and current federal and state legislation pertaining to early childhood development. Ability to interface effectively with all levels throughout the organization including staff, parents, Finance, Fund Development, and Regional Centers. Have valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
PRE EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Clearance with the Department of Justice by completing a background check consisting of having fingerprints processed by appropriate law enforcement agencies (paid for by Abilities United)
POST EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Physical, 2-step Tb test and physical examination. Maintain all job related certification requirements.
Abilities United is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.